The Office of the Registrar is the custodian of student records and course data for the Bloomington campus. As an essential part of our mission to provide operational support for the university's academic endeavors, we strive to provide useful tools and reporting mechanisms for schools, departments, and faculty to help you achieve success in the classroom today and assist the university in planning for the ever-changing future.
Similarly, the Office of the Registrar functions in part as the institutional memory of the university through our dedication to and preservation of the integrity of the academic record. As part of that preservation, we are charged with protecting the privacy of our students' academic data from unwarranted intrusion, as well as educating IUB staff in how they can help keep sensitive data safe in compliance with federal and university guidelines.
Resources in this section include:
- A selection of regularly maintained aggregate reporting data to assist with classroom management and understanding developing trends in enrollment.
- Bloomington campus grade distribution reports.
- An overview of the steps you need to take to obtain student records access as part of your job responsibilities.
- Information about student privacy and the policies that govern how IU protects sensitive student data.
- Training opportunities for IUB staff on a wide array of topics from FERPA to Workflow systems to classroom scheduling.