We've included a number of resources in this section to help you understand the grading system at IU, how grades impact GPA (and which ones don't), plus some information on certain grade and enrollment options that tend to generate questions.
Resources in this section include:
- A quick guide to understanding grade values and GPA calculation
- The university's official grade values
- Statistical explanations for the Context Grade Report
- The policy on FN/FNN grades and when to use them.
- Understanding the process of assigning and removing the grade of Incomplete
- An overview of the Pass/Fail Option
Special Note: CASE Intensive Writing (IW) Courses
Beginning in the summer of 2012, there has been a change in grading policy for College of Arts and Sciences CASE: Intensive Writing (IW) courses, and students will receive only one letter grade for their enrollment in IW. For more information, please see the College of Arts and Sciences website.