This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/documents/transcript.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
Ordering Online for Students Enrolled Prior to 1965
Available to students who were enrolled at Indiana University before 1965 and who do not need to include an attachment or cover page with their transcript.
|Paper Copy Delivered via Mail||Paper Copy Delivered via FedEx|
|Number of transcripts allotted per recipient||10||10|
|Cost per transcript||$10||$10|
|Additional Fees||None||$25 domestic|
$45 international per FedEx recipient
|Registrar's Office average processing time (M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)||Prepared for mailing within 1-2 business days*||Prepared for mailing within 1-2 business days*|
|Anticipated speed of delivery (once the request has been processed)||Based on USPS guidelines, first-class mail is expected to be delivered to US addresses within 10 business days. There is no way to determine mail delivery time for international mail.||Priority overnight (domestic)|
Consult the Federal Express website for estimated shipping time.
* A transcript order is complete only AFTER the order has been submitted online and your signed authorization and payment have been received. In addition, there are some records that require a one-time validation before a transcript can be submitted, which can take up to one business day to finalize.
NOTE: In order to authenticate to the online transcript request system you must answer a series of questions. The answers you provide must match the information contained in your Indiana University record. These steps are in place to validate your identity and insure the appropriate security is in place prior to releasing your academic record.
You are given two chances to authenticate to the online transcript request system. After two unsuccessful attempts, you will be locked out from using the online transcript request system for a period of 30 days and referred to our office for other transcript request options.
Important Notes about Ordering Transcripts
- Transcripts ordered online are official and bear the Registrar’s signature and the university seal.
- Students requesting the "Pick Up" option (students pick up their transcriptsat 408 N. Union St.) must present a valid photo ID (e.g. driver's license, passport, or state ID). Only the student may pick up his or her transcript.
- IU departments requiring transcripts from all institutions you have attended have access to your IU record. Before ordering an official transcript, you may want to inquire if the department requires an official transcript showing your IU work.
- The online transcript request system is available Monday - Saturday, 6 a.m. - 5 a.m., and Sunday 8 a.m. - midnight.
- If you have a special form that needs to be attached to a transcript delivered via mail or FedEx, please use our Request by Fax or Mail service. Select delivery via USPS or FedEx and include the attachment with your signed authorization page.
- Based on USPS guidelines, first-class mail is expected to be delivered to US addresses within 10 business days. There is no way to determine mail delivery time for international mail.
To receive a copy of your official transcript, your IU account must be free of financial or disciplinary encumbrances. This may include your account with the Office of the Bursar, the Student Loan Administration, the Dean of Students/Greek Housing, or Student Ethics. If you have any unsettled encumbrances with these offices, there will be a "hold" on your record and we will not be able to issue your transcript. If you think you might have an unresolved hold from any IU office and would like a Service Representative to check your status, please call the Office of the Registrar at (812)855-7505. If you have a hold, you must contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.