This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/documents/transcript.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
Ordering Online for Currently or Recently Enrolled Students
Available to currently enrolled students OR former students who still have active computing accounts and do not need to include an attachment.
|Electronic PDF Delivered via e-mail*||Paper Copy Delivered via Mail||Paper Copy Delivered via FedEx|
|Number of transcripts allotted per recipient||1||10||10|
|Cost per transcript||$10||$10||$10|
|Additional Fees||$5 per PDF||None||$25 domestic|
$45 international per FedEx recipient
|Registrar's Office average processing time (M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)||Approximately 10 minutes**||Prepared for mailing within 1-2 business days**||Prepared for mailing within 1-2 business days**|
|Anticipated speed of delivery (once the request has been processed)||Approximately one hour||Based on USPS guidelines, first-class mail is expected to be delivered to US addresses within 10 business days. There is no way to determine mail delivery time for international mail.||Priority overnight (domestic)|
Consult the Federal Express website for estimated shipping time.
* Electronic PDF option is unavailable to students with enrollment prior to Fall 1965.
** A transcript order is complete only AFTER the order has been submitted online. In addition, there are some records that require a one-time validation before a transcript can be submitted, which can take up to one business day to finalize.
NOTE: Before you request an official transcript, it is your responsibility to view your unofficial transcript to verify that anticipated academic record actions (anticipated degree(s) with conferral date(s), final grades at the end of a term, anticipated grade changes) have been reported and are recorded on the transcript. To view your unofficial transcript, log into OneStart, click “Go to Student Center,” click "My Academics & Grades," and then click "View my unofficial transcript."
Important Notes about Ordering Transcripts
- For more information about PDF Transcript Delivery, please see our Transcript FAQ.
- Transcripts ordered online are official and bear the Registrar’s signature and the university seal.
- You will be required to log in using CAS. CAS authentication is the required "signature" for your transcript order.
- Current students may apply the transcript charge(s) to their bursar bill or pay by credit card (FedEx and PDF delivery require payment by credit card).
- Students requesting the "Pick Up" option (students pick up their transcriptsat 408 N. Union St.) must present a valid photo ID (e.g., IU CampusAccess card, driver's license, passport, or state ID). Only the student may pick up his or her transcript.
- IU departments requiring transcripts from all institutions you have attended have access to your IU record. Before ordering an official transcript, you may want to inquire if the department requires an official transcript showing your IU work.
- Official transcripts ordered online cannot be held for degree posting, change of grades, or current grades.
- Final grades are posted approximately 11 days following the last day of classes for a semester except for the Maurer School of Law. These grades will be posted approximately three weeks later. View your unofficial transcript in your OneStart Student Center to verify that final grades have been recorded and will appear on your official transcript.
- Most final degrees are posted to the transcript within 30 days of your actual degree conferral date. If you're not sure, view your unofficial transcript in OneStart to verify that final degrees have been recorded and will appear on your official transcript. Please contact your school recorder if you have questions about degree conferral dates.
- Before requesting PDF transcript delivery, students should verify that the recipient will accept an electronic transcript. Additionally, it is important to verify the appropriate e-mail address for transmission of the transcript.
- Based on USPS guidelines, first-class mail is expected to be delivered to US addresses within 10 business days. There is no way to determine mail delivery time for international mail.
- Independent Study (correspondence) work is posted once final grades are received from the School of Continuing Studies (roughly three weeks after your final exam/lesson is received). Completed Independent Study work may not show on both official transcript types at certain times of the year. Prior to placing your order, view both unofficial transcript types by logging into OneStart and clicking Go to Student Center, then clicking My Academics & Grades and View My Unofficial Transcript.
- High school students enrolled through the Advanced College Project only, please use our Request by Fax or Mail service.
- If you have a special form that needs to be attached to a transcript delivered via mail or FedEx, please use our Request by Fax or Mail service. Select delivery via USPS or FedEx and include the attachment with your signed authorization page.
To receive a copy of your official transcript, your IU account must be free of financial or disciplinary encumbrances. This may include your account with the Office of the Bursar, the Student Loan Administration, the Dean of Students/Greek Housing, or Student Ethics. If you have any unsettled encumbrances with these offices, there will be a "hold" on your record and we will not be able to issue your transcript. If you think you might have an unresolved hold from any IU office and would like a Service Representative to check your status, please call the Office of the Registrar at (812)855-7505. If you have a hold, you must contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.