Course Description Request
Course description requests are processed by the Office of the Registrar for courses taken on the Bloomington campus or on any regional campus if prior to the fall semester of 1968. Any work completed on a regional campus during or after that semester must be processed by the specific campus' Office of the Registrar. Occasionally, the description on file in the Registrar's Office is not adequate or cannot be found. In these cases, the requester is either advised to contact the responsible school or department or contact information is provided in the course description letter.
Requests for course descriptions can be made in person, by mail, phone, FAX (see below for link to form) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Processing course descriptions is performed on first-come-first-served basis. Every attempt is made to process and mail the request within two weeks.
Note: A request cannot be processed if the student is encumbered by the Bursar, Greek Housing, or the Student Loan Administration (SLA). The student should contact the appropriate office to resolve the encumbrance.
The following information is required for processing a course description request:
- Your full name;
- Your student ID number;
- Your daytime phone number (in case the requester must be contacted);
- Address to which the course description(s) should be sent;
- Title of course(s);
- Department code(s) and course number(s);
- Semester and year the course(s) was/were taken.
Effective Fall Semester 2004 we will no longer offer
FAX as a delivery option for Course Descriptions.
Generally, the descriptions are delivered by US Mail at no charge to the student. At the student’s request, the descriptions can be delivered by FedEx Priority for shipments within the United States or FedEx International Priority for shipments outside the United States. FedEx is the only rush delivery service available.
When using the FedEx option, the following information must be included with the request:
- Your student identification number
- Your printed name along with any former names
- Your approximate dates of attendance, degrees received, and date of birth
- Your signature and mailing address
- Recipient's name and mailing address
- Your daytime telephone number.
Important Federal Express Priority Service Information:
- Our standard rate for FedEx Priority shipments to a U.S. address is $25.00.
- Our standard rate for FedEx International Priority for shipments to a non-U.S. address is $45.00
- Payment by credit card is required when opting for FedEx delivery. We accept American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa. Any request for FedEx service that does not include a valid credit card number and expiration date will result in the course description letter being mailed regular mail via U.S. Postal Service.
- FedEx will not deliver to a Post Office box, so please specify a street address.
- FedEx requires a phone number for the recipient of the shipment be included on the air bill. Requests for FedEx service that do not include the required recipient phone number will result in the course description letter being mailed regular mail via U.S. Postal Service.
- FedEx may be unable to provide delivery service to some remote locations. If you have any address delivery concerns, contact FedEx to confirm delivery is available to the recipient address prior to submitting your course description letter request.
- For more information about Federal Express Priority delivery, go to www.fedex.com or call 1.800.463.3339 for questions regarding U.S. domestic shipments, 1.800.247.4747 for international shipments. Call your local FedEx office if calling from outside the United States.