This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/policies-grades/calculations.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
Disclaimer: This calculator is not tied to the Student Information System. The results are based only on the data you supply.
To calculate your GPA for the current semester:
- Enter the number of classes in which you are enrolled into Number of Classes box and click the Submit Number of Classes button.
- Enterthe number of credit hours and the grade received/expected in the Semester Credit Hours and Projected Grade fields. You may press the <Tab> key to move from field to field.
- Click the Calculate Semester GPA button to populate the Semester Grade Points field.
To see how these grades will affect your overall GPA:
In the form labeled Overall Course Work:
- Enter your Undergraduate, Graduate, or Cumulative GPA Hours into the GPA Hours field.
- Enter your Undergraduate, Graduate, or Cumulative Grade Points into the Points field.
- Optional - The calculator can populate the cumulative Current GPA based on the information you have provided, or you may provide it yourself.
- Click the Calculate Projected GPA button.
Projected GPA Hours, Points, and Projected GPA will appear immediately beneath the "current" calculations. These values represent the addition of your Current Semester Work to your Overall Course Work.
The Start Over link will clear all data fields.
Note: For details about grade calculation, please refer to the Grade Information page.
Number of Classes
Comments and Questions
If you have comments or questions about the IU GPA Calculator, please email us at the following: email@example.com.